Friday, October 21, 2011

And Now To Completely Geek Out

Today is Blizzcon!
For anyone who doesn't know, this is a two day event in Anaheim, California, that is specifically run by one gaming company, Blizzard.  Blizzard makes video games, and their current games are World of Warcraft, Starcraft and Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3.

They have many games they've made in the past as well, and I've been a fan of Blizzard for a long time.  Last year, my boyfriend and two of his friends and I, went to Blizzcon!  It was amazing, but there was about a quarter of a million people there and I felt guilty for leaving our dog with boyfriend's parents, so this year we didn't go, so I opted for a "virtual ticket" which means I get to stream the whole event and watch it all on my computer!

This means I get to be antisocial AND lazy!  Yay!  Plus my dog doesn't have to suffer from separation anxiety, and while she isn't destructive, I love her and don't want her to be sad, so that's a plus too. :-)

World of Warcraft is the main Blizzard game I play, I've played it since the original release was still in beta, and while I've taken breaks here and there, I've basically been playing the game pretty steadily for six years.  We're getting towards the end of the third expansion, Cataclysm, which brought a TON of changes to the game and basically turned the game into an almost entirely different game.  It's been out since last December, and I'm starting to feel a bit fatigued.  I'm working on getting my fourth character to level 85, which is usually what I do when I've done most everything on my "main" characters and have run out of excuses to avoid leveling it.  So hearing about a NEW expansion is very exciting!

So now we've just been informed the new expansion will be called Mists of Pandaria!  Which is introducing a new race...Pandaren!  Now, unlike all the other races that have come before, the Pandaren are a neutral race, meaning that they are friendly to everyone, until level 10, where you pick which faction you are going to be, Horde or Alliance.
They are also adding a new class, the Monk!  This class looks really awesome, it's a leather armor wearing, martial arts based class.  They can be a tank (which is called Brewmaster, ftw!) a healer or a dps.  Most races can be a monk!  Just goblins and worgen can't be monks.  Now I'm STILL upset that as a horde, I can't be a Worgen.  Why oh WHY?! couldn't the worgen have been a neutral race?!  They are SO cool!  It's so not fair.  I like the Goblins, but come ON!  Werewolves?!  Seriously it's just not fair!
Ah well, spilt milk I guess.

Another thing I'm very excited about with this expansion is the Pet Battle System.  As an avid pet collector in WoW, this is going to provide me with endless hours of entertainment long after I'm tired of leveling, pvping, questing, doing dailies, running heroics....etc etc etc.  It's like Pokemon!  Gotta catch em all!  Hahaha!

So yeah, I'm pretty excited about all this new stuff.

And of COURSE I signed up for the annual pass that will allow me to not only play Diablo 3 for free, although I'm not sure how it'll work if I want the collector's... It will let me get into the Mists of Pandaria beta!
YAY!

So yeah, this year's Blizzcon became chock-full of AWESOME within the first hour.

Good job Blizzard!

1 comment: